Thursday, August 1, 2013

Attending a church body simply to worship.

Since before I was saved, I have been a committed church member. 

More than that, I can not help but serve the body in some way (read: worship band). But I've come to the conclusion that if the church is not on a rotation of musicians (which I've never served somewhere that was able to), I am unable to truly be fed during worship. My mind is captured by the act of playing music. 

I know that my concentrated, skilled performance brings glory to God, but it doesn't allow me to meditate on the humungous Love that God is expressing through the lyrics and melodies during worship. 

So I've decided to attend a second church on Sunday and not serve the worship ministry until my church  has enough musician to have me on a rotation schedule. 

But, after serving so long, I will feel selfish simply taking from a congregation without giving back. 

Any thoughts on the selfishness of this decision? I think I feel God leading me this way, but never hurts to get a second opinion. 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment